- What Personal Information do we collect?
- Why do we collect your Personal Information?
- To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
- Where do we store your Personal Information?
- How may you obtain access to your Personal Information?
- How do we protect your Personal Information?
- Privacy and our Website
- Further Information
What Personal Information do we collect?
Canadian privacy legislation defines "Personal Information" broadly as information about an identifiable individual or as information that allows an individual to be identified. For the purposes of this policy, Personal Information means information about an identifiable individual as defined from time to time in applicable privacy legislation. Generally speaking Personal Information does not include what is considered business contact information: your name, title or position, business address, telephone number, facsimile number, or e-mail address. The types of Personal Information that Graham Financial Strategies Group may collect about you includes your name, home address, telephone number, personal email address, billing and account information, information about a clients technical or communication needs and other information incidental to providing technical, creative and strategic services (including Personal Information about directors, officers, employees, parties-in-interest, decision makers, experts, other professional advisors, and our clients business partners, investors, shareholders, competitors and customers whom are individuals).
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
In general, Graham Financial Strategies Group collects, uses and discloses Personal Information about our clients and service providers in order to provide our clients with professional services. More specifically, we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to establish and manage client relationships, and avoid conflicts of interest. This may include the sharing of Personal Information by and between Graham Financial Strategies Group personnel and affiliated companies and partnerships for such purposes;
- to consider whether Graham Financial Strategies Group should establish a commercial relationship with clients, suppliers and other third parties, including to evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information;
- to establish and maintain commercial relationships with clients, suppliers and other third parties, including to issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments, and to fulfill contractual obligations;
- to understand and respond to client, supplier and other third party needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with such parties and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
- to develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide Graham Financial Strategies Group products and services;
- to market, sell or otherwise provide products and services of third parties with whom Graham Financial Strategies Group has a commercial relationship;
- to distribute our newsletters, conference information and other material to individuals on our mail and e-mail lists, including via third party mailing houses and e-mail service providers;
- to develop and manage our knowledge-management precedent systems and databases;
- to develop and manage Graham Financial Strategies Group business and operations;
- to detect and protect Graham Financial Strategies Group and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Graham Financial Strategies Group policies and contractual obligations;
- to engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Graham Financial Strategies Group.; as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; and for any other purpose to which you consent.
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
From time to time, Graham Financial Strategies Group may disclose your Personal Information to:
- service providers, including an organization or individual retained by Graham Financial Strategies Group to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, document management and office services;
- an organization or individual retained by Graham Financial Strategies Group to evaluate your creditworthiness or to collect debts outstanding on an account;
- a financial institution, on a confidential basis and solely in connection with the assignment of a right to receive payment, the provision of security or other financing arrangements; or
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Graham Financial Strategies Group is providing or seeking the information as your agent;
- any third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Where do we store your Personal Information?
Your Personal Information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Graham Financial Strategies Group located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers.
How may you obtain access to your Personal Information?
Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, Graham Financial Strategies Group will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent to our Privacy Officer, using the contact information below.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
To help protect the confi dentiality of your Personal Information, Graham Financial Strategies Group employs administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your Personal Information. For instance, we operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. In addition, where Personal Information is sent to a third party for processing, we make sure, through our contracts with them, that all Personal Information is kept secure.
Privacy and our Website
Online Communications - In order to provide our website visitors with a service or information, visitors may voluntarily submit Personal Information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, reviewing or downloading a publication, participating in a seminar or other event, and participating in contests and surveys. If you are known to Graham Financial Strategies Group as a registered user of an online service, we may combine and store Personal Information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected.
E-Mail Communications - Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about the services of Graham Financial Strategies Group and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from Graham Financial Strategies Group.
Links - Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. Visitors are advised that other third party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than Graham Financial Strategies Group has no responsibility for such third party websites.
For information on Graham Financial Strategies Group privacy practices, please contact the Graham Financial Strategies Group Privacy Officer at:
Graham Financial Strategies Group